Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Time to Cut the Crap Out of Leaks

So in this article, there is one line that just has set me off. Read this piece of utter garbage of writing.

There was at least one other similar fire last week in a Senate office building bathroom that was determined to have been caused by a cigarette, according to a knowledgeable Senate official who is not authorized to speak to reporters and demanded anonymity.

Uhh, yeah, this is crap. A person not authorized to speak to reporters is what? Oh yeah, speaking to reporters. It is time to get rid of this dang idea that something can be "on background." No! No! See, this guy broke the law. Now, reporters like these people cause that way, oh yeah, they don't have do to any actual work. See, they find some numb-nuts shooting his mouth off and job's done.

This guy deserves prison. See, the media jumped when Scooter Libby was charged with a leak. But where will there be for this guy? I ask you. If you answered, "media? What media? There is no media here," good job.

I guess what really ticks me off is just the outright bluntness of breaking the dang law! They said in the dang quote the source wasn't allowed to talk to the media, but yet the person did. Uhh, yeah. Ain't something wrong here? "Hello, McFly?" (I love that quote. "I'm your density...I mean, your destiny." Oops, sorry, got caught in a tangent.)

When the author wrote this line and gave it to the editor, shouldn't a bell have rung somewhere in that head? Shouldn't someone have noticed and said, "Umm...guys, we might need to change this here little bit. Sounds a bit fishy, eh?" But no, the media LOOOVES leaks. And then they wonder why people want them to go to jail when they break the law, exposing a leak. See, if you can break the law and get away with it simply because you a reporter, yeah, that ain't equal justice before the law, now is it? Nope, I didn't think so.

So Laurie Kellman, be careful. You have aided and abetted a, well technically, an admitted lawbreaker. (And you done the admittin'!) This ain't a matter of national security so if you wanted to complain that officials weren't talking, you should have complained. Don't break the law cause that just ain't cool.




I apologize to anyone who had trouble reading this post. For some reason, when I was saying the words aloud, I put on a few different accents and the words I chose took the flavor of those accents. It was probably harder to read, but would have been more fun if I was actually saying it to you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home