Saturday, October 06, 2007

Jim Carrey Being Serious? Wonder If His Performance Was Better Than Majestic?

So yeah, turns Jim Carrey has joined the intellectual elite out in Hollywood. This article discusses Carrey's visit to the U.N. recently about Myanmar. Now, I actually think I might agree with Carrey somewhat and thankfully he is talking to the idiots at the U.N. rather than lecturing Americans, but this is where I must stand on principles. I have come to believe in non-intervention, staying out of other nations militarily, and I also believe that economics is the ultimate negotiator. So, like Darfur, I must argue against military action and sanctions in Myanmar. If the pro-democracy rebels invite our business, then let's trade. Sanctions never work.

It is unfortunate that this is happening. But remember, if we place sanctions, the only ones who are going to be hurt are the rebels, the pro-democracy group. Is that what Carrey wants? (Probably not, but then again, he is a bloody actor, not an international expert.) Remember, there are always unknown consequences. I admit, I don't know what might happen. Then again, my guess is based on my knowledge of other sanctions. (Iraq comes to mind. We sanctioned them and then France, Germany, and the head of the U.N. made big money exchanging food for oil. Wow, talk about a winner there, eh?)

So, this was an attempt to show my consistency. I couldn't care less about Darfur and so I must also say, I couldn't care less about Myanmar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home