Monday, September 24, 2007

An Opinion Piece Worth Reading

So this article was linked because a professor wrote it. I happened to notice it and I am happy I did. Basically, the author describes how he used to disagree with his father about Vietnam and how he has changed and grown as he aged as he views the Iraq War. An interesting read and something to think about as people discuss the war. Remember, this is one guy's opinion, but I have to agree with his logic. And, unlike many pieces you will read from "objective" media sources, this author actually keeps non-partisan in his "opinion" piece. Here is the closing paragraph.
My dad may have had it right after all. Peace through victory, he would say. I agree. We won, and I do not think it is shameful for us now to leave Iraq.
Well said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home