Misguided Advertisements
So, I hope to do a rant about more idiotic commercials soon, but this was something that just made no sense whatever.
So on ABC Family, they are showing the movie Bring It On. The commercials for the movie say that during the movie special scenes will be shown from the new movie Daddy Day Camp. Umm...am I missing something here? Bring It On is aimed for teenagers and Daddy Day Camp is for little kids. So why promote during that movie? Just because the channel says family does not mean that a full family will be watching EVERY show. And to think about it, ABC Family is owned by Disney, a channel targeting Daddy Day Camp's intended audience. So why not promote there?
So, am I being too picky? Eh, I don't think so. I guess I get tired of companies complaining about lower earnings and then wasting money on commercials during programs that aren't even meant for a target audience. To give another example, during tonight's show "Greek" (the reason I was watching ABC Family), they showed a commercial for Huggies brand of diapers. Umm....whoa, hold on a second. I might be mistaken, but does "Greek" really target the same audience as Huggies? See what I mean?
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home