For a Conservative Network, Maybe They Could Get Around Firing Alan Colmes
So, on "Hannity and Colmes" tonight, they had Rep. John Campbell (R-CA) on discussing his exchange with Rep. John Murtha (D-PA) about an earmark in a defense spending bill for Sherwin-Williams Paint. So, when Colmes's turns comes, he starts in on how bad Republicans are with earmarks. Campbell says, yeah, but it is only Republicans trying to change anything, compared with the campaign promises of Democrats. Colmes then mentions a guy from Alaska who is being investigated for selling land that he had an interest in. Okay, that is what needs to be done. But where the heck was Alan Colmes around the 2006 election when it came out that Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid profited from earmarks in Nevada? Are those crickets I hear Alan?
See, while I tend to vote Republican, I don't like people who spend tax money on unconstitutional measures, be they Republican or Democrat. Unfortunately, I can't say the same thing about liberals. For most liberals, it is only wrong when Republicans do it; Democrats have a free pass. That is what I hate.
Now, if liberals were correct and Fox News was really conservative, Alan Colmes would be on his behind in the street. A real conservative does not accept double-standards and hypocrisy, even if it is brought in to maintain balance. Why force viewers to put up with this crap if the network is only going to be seen as conservative anyway?
At least someone is standing up Murtha. Man, I love when that guy blows up in the House. Always funny.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home