eBay: Part II
So, once again, I ran into a vulture on eBay, one of those people who bids at the last minute. However, this time, as two people bid in the last 10 seconds, one of them had been the first bidder on the item and then waited after getting outbid, while the other one was a true vulture. In this person's bidding history, the person has bid on 5 items, each only once, and each in the last hour (that is the lowest level of detail eBay provides, but I wouldn't be surprised if this person was always a last second bidder).
It is good and bad though. I am happy the true vulture didn't win, but it does suck that someone who kept bidding, even more often than me, lost. Hopefully that person learns how the vultures work and tries to alter bidding style. And the good thing for me, even though I wanted the two items I have now lost (ignoring the other smaller item I lost at the last minute), I couldn't really afford them anyway. I could have paid for them, but had to go without food or something for a bit to do it. So maybe it is good I lost since I like eating.
Anywho, once again, when bidding on eBay, know your absolute maximum price and bid that, then wait and see if you are the victim of a vulture. (By the way, not to be conspiracy laden or anything, I just wonder how the vultures know someone's maximum price. They must just use the current price and add a certain percentage or something to make sure they win. At least the one vulture lost this time. Hehe.)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home