Penguin Sequel: Surfing, Walking, Same Thing
So there is a new trailer out for that stupid movie Surf's Up or something like that. It is the penguin movie where for some reason, penguins surf. Who knew? But in the trailer, the voice-over talks about how this summer, the big movies are sequels and how the surf movie is "original." And I had to wonder, is it really original?
Ok, let me give you an example. When Star Wars first came out in 1977, it could have been called an original or a rip-off of 1930s TV serials. Now, is the penguin movie original? I would say no. There is no way that this movie would have been released had it not been for that stupid penguin walking movie. Then again, since this is animation, it might have been in development for a long, long time. However, even if it was created before the marching film, the trailer was created AFTER. Now, am I grasping at straw here? Eh, I don't know. But I know my first thought when I saw a movie about penguins was, "Great, here we go again." Not really the awe-inspiring originality the trailer makers were going for, I bet.
Well, I will let you decide if you want to waste money on another penguin movie (even if you were smart and saved money by skipping the last one). Now, have a nuke to blow up the penguins and the guy from the Die Hard series to stop it, then I would like a penguin movie, even if I have never seen one of the Die Hard movies in its entirety. Would still be pretty awesome. Where oh where are the exciting filmmakers?
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home