NBA Playoffs and Idiots Called "Reporters"
Ok, so I guess there is a saying in the NBA playoffs that "it isn't a series until the home team loses." I might actually have to agree with that since if the home team doesn't lose in the first 6 games, they end up with a game 7 where one team will win and move on while one will lose and go home. So here is this headline thing on Yahoo! Sports.
Ok, do you see anything wrong with this quote? How about the fact that Utah was the home team? I guess the author is trying to say that a series can be a tightly fought battle where the home team wins or something like that. But the point they say a series doesn't start until the home team loses is because after 4 games where the home team wins all 4, the series is tied 2-2. However, if the home team loses one of those 4 games, the series is now 3-1 and someone is on the verge of going home.It's not a series until the home team loses? Try telling that to Utah, which routed the Spurs by 26 on Saturday to shake up the West finals
So why would an author be such an idiot? Eh, who knows? But just because a team that had lost the first two games on the road won game 3 at home by a wide margin does not mean ANYTHING to the series other than it is now 2-1. Has the series really started yet? I don't know cause I don't really watch the NBA. But I do know something about the NHL playoffs using the same format and unless Utah can use the momentum from tonight and win game 4 at home and game 5 on the road (I think it will be on the road cause I know the NBA used a messed-up format at one point), who knows how the series will actually end up. Game 3 really doesn't mean much since San Antonio could easily win game 4 in Utah and then come home and finish off the series.
I wonder what this author would say then about tonight's performance. Maybe, "Utah showed one game of brilliance and then sucked it up." Eh, who cares? Until the home team loses, the series isn't that important. That is, if you actually watch the NBA.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home