Biased Survey: What's the Point?
So I just took a survey through SurveySpot.com. I am a member and take surveys to make money. No biggie. Usually, the surveys are specific issues or something; sometimes I qualify and sometimes I don't. However, the questions actually try to find out what I think. (Sometimes they have design issues such as one where I had to tell what TV station the NHL was broadcast on and Vs. wasn't on my list of choices.)
Tonight's, yeah, not so much. It was basically written by a bunch of environmental extremists. (Actually, I think they are becoming more dangerous than Islamic extremists; all they wanna do is kill you and get it over with. The environmental extremists want to extort money out of you. What ever happened to the good ol' days of the Mob?) The questions were leading beyond anything I have ever seen outside of a lousy lawyer movie - you know the ones where the lawyer writes the defendant's speech when they are called to the stand and ends up having to "coach" them through it. Yeah, this survey was that....on crack. Wait, that is offensive to crack. How about this? This survey made that kind of testimony look like improv. Yeah, that bad.
Here was a question. "How concerned are you with these issues?" Then it listed a bunch of liberal propaganda crap. Basically, they must have let moveon.org write this sucker cause this was so out in left-field.
So, here is my question. What is the point? Why pay money to have this survey put out there? What is the incentive? I can find three faults right now.
- First, the questions are so misleading that people like me can't get my opinion across and essentially are not locked out leaving the survey only half complete.
- Second, by not having a comprehensive list (or for example, "none of the above") as options, people are forced to answer, even if the answer is a lie. (For example, I don't feel a company should be "green" or that is something to be wanted. But forcing me to rank which are the most important aspects of what makes a company green ignores my beliefs.)
- Third, because the questions were so bad, how many people just closed the survey?
So overall, when a survey is so biased, why have it? My guess, they are trying to come up with a survey where they can say, "82% of people are concerned with ....." However, is that true? Now, I hated my stats class, but I do remember a few things. And actually, this survey breaks all them rules I do remember.
Just a thought. Does that say more about my memory or how crappy this survey actually was?
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home