Let California Secede and Save Us All
I think it is time the United States decide not to follow Lincoln's lead and let states secede from the Union. I propose starting with California. Think about it. Without the regulations on cars from California, our vehicles would be at least $8,000 cheaper. (That figure might be on the low side since I haven't seen a more recent study.) Now a story today says California wants to ban light bulbs. Yep, that thing in your house that lets you see at night. I mean, come on, light bulbs create global warming. (For those of you not watching the Weather Channel, global warming is huge and gonna kill us all real soon. Well, as soon as this colder-than-normal winter is over. Whoops! Guess they forgot that part.)
Now, the one big problem enviro-nuts have is they don't have any perspective. Mind you, some of us are skeptical after reading an old Newsweek from 1970 extolling the dangers of global cooling. But still, when someone talks about banning cars or banning light bulbs, what do they want them replaced with? I mean, aren't the liberals supposed to be the ones concerned about the poor? (I know that to be a lie just as I know the most racist piece of legislation is the minimum wage bill.) So what will the poor do without light bulbs? "Well, it is only the old fashioned light bulbs. Those other ones that burn longer are still okay." Ok, so the poor will have to buy more expensive light bulbs, not to mention rebuilding parts of their house since last time I checked, some of them didn't work in a normal socket. Or, as most poor will do, they will use whatever is cheaper. So, guess candles will be back in style or gas lanterns. I wonder how much they will contribute to global warming. Yeah, probably more than that light bulb eh?
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home