Show Your ID, Dag-nab-it!
You have to ask yourself one question. Does requiring someone to provide ID before they can fulfill the ultimate sign of citizenship, voting, is that discriminatory? And before you answer, consider this. In order to use a credit card (sometimes), in order to buy a gun (a Constitutionally protected activity), and before someone can get a damn alcoholic beverage, what do they have to do? Oh yeah, uh...show ID. So how is it that requiring someone to show ID before they buy a gun or alcohol is non-discriminatory, but before voting is? If you can answer that question, my friends, you are either a helluva lot smarter than I am (in this case, I have to say I am pretty darn tootin' smart) or you have to have no grasp of logic (which is probably more likely, not to be mean or anything). Anywho, just something to think about while I pretend to go to class, which by the way, if I tried to return my textbooks, odds are I have to show a college ID, just FYI for your consideration.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home