Friday, September 16, 2005

College: "Customer Service, what is that?"

Have you heard of the term "Helicopter Parents" of college students? It means a parent who hovers around the student's life and will call and complain about housing, grades, etc. Well, I would like to think that they are a good thing to have, not for the student per se, but for the complaining bit. See, I have called and complained to a few different offices here at Grand Valley and a whole lotta nothin' was my response. It seems, maybe a college only talks to parents, thinking they are the ones that pay for school. (As I finally took out a loan that I will be paying back, I am in the "paying for school mostly myself" category now.) Colleges are actually like going to a five-star restaurant and getting your food burnt, your soup in your lap, and when you complain, the manager says, "pay or spend the rest of your life poor." My goal is to one day open a college that understands the phrase "the customer is always right." Now, if only I could make millions of dollars, using the substandard education provided by today's colleges and universities. Oh well, at least everyone is in the same boat cause all colleges pretty much suck today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home