Friday, September 16, 2005

Another question about a stupid commercial

Ok, so they have this ad for something called Bod men's body spray or something like that. Ok, so here's the ad. It shows a bunch of guys with their shirts off being all physical and crap with a couple of ladies sitting in the bleachers watching all while some really stupid plays. So, here is my question. Are they marketing to men or women with that ad? I ask this because, as a man, there is probably no way I am going to buy this crap, especially with an ad of guys with no shirts. Now, I would normally say that it was directed towards women except for the channel it aired on. It was on a sports channel! This isn't a typical "female" channel, as is the Lifetime Channel or something. I just wonder who put this ad campaign together cause they should be fired for wasting money on stupid advertising.

I also have another complaint about this stupid ad. Have you heard anyone say how degrading it is to men? Imagine if this were say an ad for a female body spray showing women in lingerie or bikinis exercising or something. How bloody quickly would it take for the feminists to be in an uproar? Can we say double standard or is that beyond the vocal capabilities of the feminists? Just wondering.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home